The IT Health Board has been directed by the Minister of Health to review all business cases for IT investment over $500,000 submitted by the Ministry of Health, District Health Boards (and subsidiaries of the Ministry and DHBs).
After each review the Board has been directed to give a recommendation for approval of any projects:
- to the Minister of Health (for projects over $3m)
- to the Director-General of Health (for projects between $500,000 and $3m).
This investment review is in addition to the wider Ministry of Health and government capital and policy approval arrangements. The IT Health Board reviews all business cases for public sector health IT projects over $500,000.
For more information see our Terms of Reference.
Advice relating to proposals and business cases
- Before submitting a business case, regardless of estimated cost, we recommend that you send outline details of your proposal to us. This means we can give you advice before you submit your proposal as we know the local, regional and national projects that are in proposal, in progress or nearing completion that may influence your project.
- Following advice from us, please submit your business case.
- If your proposed project is over $500,000 we will also need to approve this project along with the Ministry of Health. Your proposed project will follow a dual process to expedite approval or non-approval of your proposal.